We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival 2014 also random info.

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
279 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival 2014 also random info.

Carnival....when is it? We are planning a trip in Feb 2014 and I read something about Carnival being too crazy. Mentioned it to my husband and he said it sounds fun...so we haven't booked yet but I will before this weekend is over. Can you tell me what dates this party usually falls on?

Also, I am going back and forth between 2 places, Sun Breeze Suites and Caye Casa. Leaning towards Caye Casa as it seems to have a good vibe about it. Any advise would be welcome!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,746 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival 2014 also random info.

Fat Tuesday is March 4, 2014, so I would guess Carnival will be the weekend before, then into Tuesday. It's only crazy for a few blocks right downtown, easy enough to avoid. I wouldn't allow it to impact my travel plans.

We spent a couple of nights at Sunbreeze Suites last fall. The units were ok, decent kitchen. I didn't like that it was almost impossible to keep the patio doors open, balcony was pretty small. Pool is pretty, but small and seems to be mostly shaded.

Some friends stayed at Caye Casa and we took a look at their room. It was very nice. It's a nice looking property. Be aware that there is a street between the property itself and the beach. It's not terribly busy, but, it's there. I love the two resident dogs.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
279 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival 2014 also random info.

Well seems you were the perfect person to answer my question having seen both properties! Thank you! The dogs are pulling me towards Caye Casa as well! We always miss ours when we travel. I THOUGHT I saw a road in a picture someone had posted but it wasn't obvious, thank you for pointing that out. (it's ok with me just glad to have it confirmed) Was it far to walk to restaurants, bars, shopping from C.C.? Did you like the Restaurant at SunBreeze and how was Reggie night?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,746 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival 2014 also random info.

No, it isn't far to restaurants from Caye Casa. A little closer from Sunbreeze Suites, but, unless there are mobility issues, that won't be a factor.

We didn't eat at Sunbreeze while we were there. I've eaten there before, but, not in its present location, and not for several years. I think it's an ok place, never seems very busy.

4. Re: Carnival 2014 also random info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:17