We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel with best beach?

London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Budget hotel with best beach?

I'm looking at three different budget hotels and wondered if people could give me a bit more information about them?

I'm considering:

Hotel de Rio, Conch Shell[although the website suggests this might be fully booked] and Holiday Hotel.

Which has the nicest beach? I understand that Belize has a lot of sea grass but presumably some hotels are situated in better positions.

Which is the best location for eating out/ drinks? We are Londoners so used to walking- 20mins is not considered too far but we'd like to make an informed decision!

thanks in advance!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,002 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotel with best beach?

Hotel del Rio is the furthest from the center of town, but, far less than a mile. I've been in several of the units. Very clean, but, pretty basic. There's a road between the property and the beach, although since the road behind the property was paved, not near the traffic there used to be. I'm guessing the shore there isn't swimmable, too shallow, too much sea grass, maybe mangroves as well.

Conch Shell is essentially downtown, on the north edge. Friends have stayed there, they stay out late, thought it was noisy in the am, busy dock in front of the property. Cute place, I've not been in the units.

Holiday Hotel is also essentially in town, south end this time. Probably the 'nicest' property of the three. On site bar and restaurant. I think nicest stretch of beach as well, although, it's in town, lots of docks and boat traffic. You're very close to the beach at Ramon's from there, maybe 1/4 mile, good swimming there.

For food and drinks, any of the above locations is great.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotel with best beach?

Mayan Princess right in town is a good spot too.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotel with best beach?

I stayed at Corona del Mar last week and there was a fabulous pier with beautiful turquoise water at the end of it with lounge chairs. It's a 15 minutes walk to the center of town with many bars and clubs on the way. I highly recommend it, especially for the price!

4. Re: Budget hotel with best beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21