We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

I'll be traveling to Ambergris Caye in the middle of October (off season, from what I understand). My flight from San Salvador arrives at Belize City at 3:42pm. My flight options for getting to San Pedro are the last two flights of the day - 4:40pm and 5:40pm. How much time do I need to allow between flights? Is less than an hour enough time to get through immigration/customs to make the earlier flight? I'm hesitant to book the earlier flight in case I don't make it. I'd hate to book the earlier flight, not make it, and find out that the later flight is full - and have to spend the night in Belize City instead of Ambergris Caye.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
482 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

The official advice on the Tropic Air's website is to allow at least 45 minutes. However, I've read that the local flights take off from a municipal airport, which is some distance apart from Belize International airport. I would suggest to email the airline to find out the exact details. It's best to get this info from the source.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

If you're flying from BZE to San Pedro, an hour is fine. Book the 4:40. As mentioned above, 45 minutes is the recommended minimum.

In reality what happens is the Tropic Air flights take off as soon as one is full. Meaning as the folks from your plane from San Salvador check in for a flight with Tropic (realizing not all will be heading to Ambergris), Tropic will plan departure times accordingly. You may well be on Ambergris before your 4:40 scheduled departure time. Tropic will have enough planes available to get all its reserved passengers to Ambergris.

If your international flight is late, don't worry. Tropic will get you to Ambergris.

There is a cheaper option to fly from the Municipal airport mentioned above. It's a 20-30 minute cab ride away. It's never been worth the hassle to me, I might feel different if I had a large party, then, the savings would be substantial.

At BZE, the Tropic Air counter is less than 50 feet from where you clear Customs.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

Book the 4:40 flight--as long as you have a reservation Tropic will get you there. As Jean stated, they Leave when the plane is full.

4. Re: How much time should allow between flights from BZE to SPR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:22