We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing and Belizean Shores

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
41 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing and Belizean Shores

Does anyone on the island offer sailing lessons? Any idea what the cost is? My boyfriend and I are visiting in 2 weeks and I thought this might be something fun to try. We've both been on boats with friends and tours, but have not actually sailed them ourselves. If lessons aren't an option, are there some companies who offer snorkeling trips via sailboat/catamaran?

A separate, unrelated question. We are staying at Belizean Shores. Are there any good, inexpensive restaurants within walking distance (under 2 miles)? We are getting to San Pedro via bus and water-taxi from Tikal, and so I feel like we'll want to walk some place for dinner the first night we're there.

Thanks for your help!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

Not sure about sailing lessons but many companies offer snorkle trips on a sail boat. Check out the "Things to Do" tab/Activities. Lots of options out there. Have a good trip.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

ambergriscaye.com

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

Not on Ambergris, but the only certified sailing school (ASA) in Belize is Belize Sailing Vacations based in Cucumber Beach Marina.

http://belizesailingvacations.com/asa.html

Also several boats on Ambergris that offer day sail trips. The Lady Leslie gets good reviews.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
41 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

Thank you!

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

La Terraza is a short walk to the north. Their restaurant 0 is good for lunch, we didn't try dinner. You can get a water taxi to go anywhere. We loved Mambo, Aji..............explore

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

La Terraza is a short walk to the north. Their restaurant 0 is good for lunch, we didn't try dinner. You can get a water taxi to go anywhere. We loved Mambo, Aji..............explore

7. Re: Sailing and Belizean Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:20