We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours from Grand Caribe

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
tours from Grand Caribe

We will be staying at the Grand Caribe hotel in two weeks with our 7 and 9 year old. The hotel offers tours and I wanted to see if anyone had done either of the two we're looking at and had suggestion of which is better. One is the manatee tour around Goff's Caye and the other is the catamaran to Mexico Rocks area. I think we'll see the Hol Chan area another day.

Iowa
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tours from Grand Caribe

We were there a year ago at New Year. We did not do the tours you are looking at, but did do the Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley. I wish I could remember who the tour operator was, but he/they were excellent. I would recommend them to anyone (IF I could remember their name...but I'm sure Grand Caribe would know). We also rented jet skis through them. They arrived on time and were in great condition. I know this doesn't answer your specific questions, but we were very satisfied with Grand Caribe and their connections.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
789 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours from Grand Caribe

Manatee tours are wonderful, if you're lucky enough to see manatee. If you are, you'll probably see their noses, some bubbles and possibly tails - but there is no guarantee that you will see them as this requires their voluntary cooperation. All of the major resorts, including Grand Caribe, will be committed to ensuring that you have the best guides and tour operators. Mexico Rocks is usually a fantastic snorkelling experience.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,004 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tours from Grand Caribe

We did the manatee tour in January to Goff's Caye. It is probably with Searious. They come pick you up at your resort. It is a long day but worthwhile to me.

This was what I had said about it in a previous post:

I used Sea-rious for the manatee viewing/snorkel/CC trip

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291962-d6…

It was a full day. Picked up at our dock (Belizean Shores). Went to find the manatees at the mangroves at the reserve (about 1 hr speed boat from Ambegris). Then dock at Goff's Caye - small island visited by cruise ships and other tours. Snorkel from shore here right at the reef and a nice grilled lunch prepared by the staff when we were snorkeling. Then to Caye Caulker for more snorkeling with sharks and rays (different location than Shark Alley but similar idea). Free time to wander on CC. Then back to San Pedro.

We were picked up around 9am, and dropped off maybe 4 or 5pm? Great outing but it was a long day on the boat.

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours from Grand Caribe

Thanks everyone. this is a great forum!

5. Re: tours from Grand Caribe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:17