We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pedro to Tikal

chula vista
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
San Pedro to Tikal

I would like to do this as a day trip in June. Fly in, tour/sight see, and fly back. What is the best tour company for this trip? Price?

Thanks in advance....

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pedro to Tikal

My wife and I used Mayan Heart Dreams a few days ago. $35 each from SI to Tikal each way. Leaves SI around 730AM. We stayed over at the Tikal Inn and returned the next morning at 1030AM for $35 each. There was a couple in the van that was just doing a day trip so I know it's possible with them. The drivers were all nice. One vehicle takes you to the border, you pass through customs ($18/ea Belize exist fee). The drivers transfer your luggage for you. Then you drive 100 yards and pay $3 each to enter Guatemala. The driver took our passports and $3 and came back a few minutes later and off we went. Seemed a little odd, but it worked great. No $ to exit Guatemala and re-enter Belize on the way back but the same transfer process.

I would really recommend staying over and seeing the sunrise from Tikal. We had a clear morning and the stars you could see from up there were amazing. The sounds of the jungle waking up (especially the howler monkeys which roar like lions) were really neat. The Tikal Inn was nice (clean, not luxury!) and we had a great time. Plenty of cold Gallo!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pedro to Tikal

Not a day trip from SP by air. Add Tikal to the beginning or end of your trip and overnight

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pedro to Tikal

my bad, I misread san ignacio for san pedro!

chula vista
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pedro to Tikal

Thanks for the info!

5. Re: San Pedro to Tikal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro
Recent Conversations