We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Luray, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

Hello! My fiance and I will be spending our Honeymoon at the Maruba Restort and we are trying to figure out how we can get to Ambergris Caye/San Pedro from there w/o having to drive all the way down to Belize City. Is there some sort of route out towards the islands from Maskall or somewhere else near by? Thanks!

~Diana

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

Boat is your only other option or take the same road there and back.

katie

Luray, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

Any idea of where to catch a boat though?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

I think Tropic Air fly between Orange Walk and San Pedro. Check the Tropic Air website.

You could charter a helicopter.

The only commercial water taxis operate from Belize City and Corozal. You could try and find someone to take you in their boat.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 15:37
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

Plenty of tours coming from San Pedro to Bomba for Altun Ha and Maruba you can ask the resort to book you on on the return boat trip if there is space

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

We stayed at Maruba two years ago before we transferred to San Pedro and I fretted over the same situation. When you first get to Maruba, ask the owner about the boat that travels on certain days of the week. (I could not find out any info in advance) It did not work out for us on the day we needed to travel (and of course weather must be permitting) so we ended up having the resort van drive us back to Belize City and then took a small domestic flight over to the island. It was not bad. Enjoy!!

6. Re: Getting to Ambergris Caye from Maruba Resort (Maskall)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:16