We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather

Hi

Leaving for AC on Thursday morning & just checked the weather forecast

It calls for rain from Thursday till the end of next week. Can anyone tell me if this time of year it rains all day or are the showers sort of scattered. I realize this isn't the best time of year to go so I expect some rain but I was hoping for at least a few sunny days

Thanks

Meryl

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

Typically we get shorter heavy bursts rather than all day rain though sometimes we do have longer periods. Waterproof yourself just in case Meryl and I am sure you will still be reaching for your sunscreen while here.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

Thanks taco girl

I've got my umbrella, baseball cap, bathing suit & sunscreen! No matter what the weather, still can't wait to go

Mery

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

So far so good Meryl looks like the heavy bit of rain we got this am has blown over fast and the sun is trying to come out. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

Hi tacogirl!

Yes I am enjoying the trip. When for a walk on the beach this am after the rain & today we're thinking about going over to Caye Caulker. I checked out your blog & would love to try Mesa Cafe. Are they closed for the season?

Thanks

Meryl

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
100 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

Just my humble opinion, spent 8 days on AC in mid-July, and decided to take a trip to Caye Caulker for a long afternoon, and was underwhelmed, to say the least. Had a so-so meal at one of the beachfront places, and strolled, around - but there really isn't anything to stroll around to. Couldn't wait to get the next water taxi back to AC.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather

Not as far as I know Meryl, hours are Mon - Fri 8:00am - 2:00pm. Check their facebook page for more info. https://www.facebook.com/MesaCafeSanPedro

I personally love Caye Caulker Banditdogaustin but have a few friends who would agree with you.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 15:30
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather

Decided to do a 1/2 day snorkel trip to hol chan & shark ray alley & then on another day take the water taxi to CC & just check it out for ourselves. This way if we're bored we can come back whenever we want.

Now just have to decide between SEAduced tours or lady Leslie

Thanks for everyone's input

Meryl

new york
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current weather

Would never pay attention to weather reports. It called for rain and storms everyday we where there for 2 weeks in July and we never had rain except 2 nights during night when we were asleep. I was afraid to travel during rainy season, but after traveling would probably only travel then. Busy enough that people around but could still go to restaurants without set restaurant times. Crowded enough to not feel isolated at hotel or activities (got to do a lot of acrivities private with just my family of 4 without extra cost) I hope it is same for you enjoy!

Ambergris Caye...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Current weather

Most weather reports/sites give the weather on the mainland with is usually very different to the weather on the caye, where there is more breeze and no hills for the clouds to gather over.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current weather

For local weather check San Pedro Weather located down in south end of the island.

http://sanpedroweather.com/ Their current weather picture has a has a date time stamp on the view.

You can also check the beach cam at Grand Caribe for a live streaming view of the pool, dock and Caribbean sea http://www.grandcaribebelize.com/webcam

Edited: 06 September 2014, 13:30