We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Hi, I am planning a 5 day trip to Belize, Ambergris Island with my husband and based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor, we are thinking of staying at White Sands Cove... wondering how far/close this resort is to San Pedro town. Also, how are the beaches around this area?

Many thanks in advance

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

The beaches South of San Pedro arent the best until you get to Victoria House and the water is not that crystal clear blue until you go way north of the cut. I cannot think of where white sands cove is or what its near but if you want a good beach Victoria house is the best.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Its pretty far north, ask them how many miles. Accessible by boat or golf cart, although the cart ride can take 40 mins and shake you up quite a bit if the 'roads' are bad, which is often. Beach looked nice. Owner/operator on property.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Sorry, I think its about 20 min to the bridge, by golf cart, but ask them

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Twenty minutes is about right. I think we made it from town center to White Sands Cove on bikes in about 30 minutes, mostly biking along the beach north of the bridge. Easy bike ride during the day. Resort looks really nice.

Atlanta
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

We just got back from a Stay at White Sands Cove Resort. It is approx 2.5 miles north of San Pedro. We took the golf carts into town on several days and it was only about 20 minutes. The resort is great. Beaches are good in the area, but with the reef so close you won't get the same type of beaches as other carribean locations. There is so much more to do than hang out on the beach!

TouristAgain
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

Stay this side of the bridge unless your bringing a sports bra for the golf cart rides into town....they are paths Not roads.

7. Re: resort close to town -- White Sands Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 07:21