We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Belize

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Trip to Belize

This will be our first trip to belize. We have spent a lot of time in Puerto Vallarta and prefer ocean front 1 bedroom suite accommodations. We have kind of zeroed in on San Pedro and would like to be able to walk to town. Banana Beach looks interesting and in our price range. We prefer a casual atmosphere. We would appreciate all input. Do we fly into Belize city and then how do we get to San Pedro? Thanks so much.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Belize

First, the easy answer. Yes, you fly into Belize City. From there you either fly to San Pedro or take a cab to the water taxi terminal and go by boat. The flight is about 15 minutes and costs a little over US$50.00. The cab to the water taxi is US$25.00 and the taxi somewhere around $15.00. We've always flown, it's just easier. The planes are small, only about 15 passengers. The view over the reef is awesome.

Nothing wrong with Banana Beach. I'm not sure I'd walk the beach back there at night. Actually, I probably would, but I'm not sure it is a great idea. To get a bit closer to town, look at Exotic Caye, Xanadu, the Palms. If you don't need a pool, check out Coral Bay (I own a condo there) and Belizean Reef. A little bit north of town, look at Paradise Villas.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Belize

Take the flight to San Pedro. Tropic Air is the company and you can book online. It is worth the extra bucks.

There are many good places in San Pedro which were mentioned already and also check the Hotels ratings on this site

3. Re: First Trip to Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 02:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor