We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

We are a family of 4 with 2 young children (6 and almost 3) looking for a relaxing trip with a nice beach and pool. My oldest just learned how to snorkel so would like somewhere to go just off shore or close. I am looking at either the Superior Oceanfront at Belize Yacht Club or a 2BR Beachfront Villa at Banyon Bay. I have even seen some time options at Ramon's. I stayed at the Caribe Island resort before children and had a great room....but maybe would like to try something new. Please advise!

Thanks,

Debi

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

There's a sea wall in front of Belize Yacht Club. People who stay there seem happy, but it wouldn't be my choice. Management was unhelpful and unfriendly when we were looking at property to buy.

Banyan Bay is awesome. Nice stretch of beach, restaurnat on site.

I think Ramon's is overpriced. They do have a great stretch of beach and some decent snorkeling off their dock. You could look into staying at the Palms next door and still swim off their dock.

Another option might be Xanadu. Nice units, and there is decent snorkeling next door off the dock at Caribbean Villas.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Thanks JeanH for your post...

When you say there is a sea wall at the BYC...do you mean that you can't swim there?

Also...what do you know about White Sands Cove? They look nice as well. I know it is north....but we aren't looking looking for too much action....just good snorkeling, swimming, and maybe some "foo foo" drinks for mom!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

You'd either have to head north to Ramon's or south to Exotic Caye t swim in the ocean if you stay at Belize Yacht Club. There is a sea wall from the south end of the property, past Island Academy, alll the way to Ramon's. Closer to get to Exotic Caye (if my memory isn't failing).

I don't know much about White Sands Cove. A friend of mine stayed there a few years ago, said the condos were great, she didn't like being so far from town. I don't remember what the beach is like there.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Banyan Bay is a great choice, but I'll give a second nod to the Palms. You'll be close to town, the pool is in the back and smaller, it will be much easier to keep an eye on the little ones.

Ramon's beach is right there and you can walk in or go out to the palapa at the end of the dock and it is also not very far from the kiddie's park (swings and stuff).

It is a nice location for you to be able to take your kids to different restaurants in town too.

I think Ramon's is overpriced for what you get. Check out the Palms.

Sorry, can't comment on White Sands but like Jeanh, I like to be close to (or in) town.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Listen to Jeanh. The Palms probably has just what you are looking for--great beach next door at Ramon's. Quiet, close to town, nice pool, great condos. Check it out.

San Pedro Belize
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Yes , I do agree that the Belize Yacht Club has a part wall; However they do have a beach front area and yes it is exactly in front of the superior rooms. They also have beach chairs out on the sand in front of the property.

The next great thing about the place is that the pool is only 4 ft deep and would be wonderful for kids.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

I don't recall there being any ocean access from Belize Yacht club. Is my memory faulty? I remember sandy beach behind the sea wall, but can you actually swm off the beach?

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

The shoreline configuration at Belize Yacht Club is - ProTec pier, 3 to 4 foot high sea wall, public access path, 2 to 3 foot high Belize Yacht Club privacy wall/fence w/ gated stairway, then the sand and lawn area with beach chairs and the pool. At no point along the property do you have direct access to the sea.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Taking my granddaughters (and all our adult kids) to the Palms in June. We have stayed there twice before, and love it. Best of both worlds--beach next door at Ramon's, close to town. Pool is a bit small, but very private. When we were there is June there was quite a garbage dump/landfill just south of Belize Yacht Club, on the beach side. I would hope it's gone by now, but would not want to swim near it.

Belize
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Belize Yacht Club, Banyon Bay, or Ramon's....?

Delandry, thank you for your inquiry about Belize Yacht Club.

We have the only deep water marina on the island and we have created a wonderful artificial reef under the dock which stretches out 450 feet towards the reef and has stairs at the end going into a wonderful swimming and snorkel area. Our guests, especially beginners, have a great time snorkeling and swimming there every day.

Sergio