We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Lufkin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Hello;

I am having a hard time figuring out

where to travel since I am budget

minded and I would like to get

great deals on Clothes.

Is Belize just a place to chill out

on the Beach and not a place

for Shoppers?

thanks for replying!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Not a lot of clothing shopping that I remember anywhere. T-shirt shops, a couple of local things.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Belize is not a place for shoppers. That said, depending on your size, you can find some cute things. I say this as to my experience on Ambergris Caye.

If I wanted to go somewhere specifically to shop for clothes, this would not be my choice.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Belize is a place to chill out, and take fun adventure tours in the jungle and to Mayan Ruins. It is for snorkeling, diving, fishing, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and friendly people.

Shopping- not so much. You will find some lovely local crafts- weavings, mahogany items, replica Mayan carvings, great hot sauce to bring home, plus your usual assortment of beach stuff- t-shirts, knick-knack stuff.

We ended up finding a great hawaiian print type men's shirt and print tank top in Caye Caulker, and they were really cheap, but you are there for the chill factor, not the shops. Plus, it took us over a week in Belize to find these items- we were all over the country!

I hope you go to Belize and have a great trip, but please don't go and expect outlet stores, tons of shops, and a large variety of clothing, because you may end up being a bit dissapointed.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

Belize is fantastic, but I will stress what the previous reviewers have said it is NOT a shopping destination. So the short anser to your question - is it a great place for shopping? the answer is no.

5. Re: Never been to Belize- is it a great place for SHOPPING??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:22