We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps of the Island

illinois
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Maps of the Island

In planning our first trip we keep reading about all the different places on the island In trips to Isla Mujeres and Cozumel there are usually handout maps showing hotels, restaurants, bars etc. Anything like that on line or somewhere else? Gracias.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maps of the Island

Not that I've seen, but someone will correct me! Check out Google Earth, and when you arrive, a walk of maximum an hour an a half will establish where everything is, and it's impossible to get lost.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maps of the Island

Here's a site with some maps:

http://ambergriscaye.com/maps/

There are 2 newspapers published on Ambergris Caye, and I think they both have tourist maps in the print versions.

Here are the links to the online versions:

http://www.sanpedrosun.net/

http://www.ambergristoday.com/html/index.php

On the SP Sun site, you can download the Visitor Guide. That's the part with the simple tourist map.

illinois
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maps of the Island

We will check out the sites though I don't know if goggle can show you which building is a bar or restaurant (or best happy hour). 11 months and counting until we hit the beach.(If you ever go to Cozumel map chick does a map with not only details of every place but mini-reviews of the place).

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maps of the Island

gearth will show you which is a bar or whatever

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maps of the Island

You can get a copy of the map on the website of Ambergris Today newspaper. The link is in my previous post.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maps of the Island

you dont need a map, the place is small

illinois
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maps of the Island

Thanks for your help though I keep finding maps of Ambergris I will keep looking. I know the isalnd us small but not having been there it is fun to put a location with all the hotels, restauaurants, and tour places. Since there are only 3 streets maybe in Dec. I can sketch out a map on the back of a cocktail napkin. On the other hand that may take too much energy.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maps of the Island

my husband and I have said for years that it would be great to have something similar to a mapchick map for Ambergris, but there's nothing close.

illinois
Level Contributor
550 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maps of the Island

Just found a basic street -hotel map on the GO CAULKER main page but no restaurants. Oh well. Now that I have a map any suggestions for where to go for sunset viewing?

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maps of the Island

I am a fan of maps for souvenirs.

Someone makes a nice Caye Caulker one and I bought it at the bookstore/internet cafe for a good price.