We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

Utah
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

We are traveling to Caye Caulker in June and have booked a week at Seaside Cabanas. We are really looking forward to our vacation. We have carefully reviewed to tours offered through Seaside...they all sound great, but I was hoping someone had some first-hand experience with them. We are really turned off by anything too "Touristy" and corny. We aren't diving nor fishing but are interested in anything else offered. I would truly appreciated any knowledgeable feedback!

Thanks!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

Well, you can go out and visit the cayes, have a picnic lunch on the beach etc, otherwise you will be going back to the mainland for trips to ruins, jungle, etc. Caye Caulker is tiny and you can walk the entire island in a couple of hours, including stopping for drinks en route.

I would wait and book your trips when you are there.

illinois
Level Contributor
553 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

We are staying at Cabanas first week of Dec. Anyone done their day trip to Altun Ha Mayan site? We are still hoping for the same trip but skipping the spa stop to get back to the island sooner. Any suggestions on such a half day trip? Let me know how it goes in June.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

Guess it depends on what you want to do. My husband and I went diving for lobsters last November with French Angel....we were the only ones out there - not touristy at all. Afterward we had a lobster cookout behind the dive shop.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

For what its worth, the trip to Lamanai is much nicer than Altun Ha. At least in my opinion.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

Lobster season doesn't open until June 15th. Don't let anyone tell you different!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,902 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

When does lobster season end?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

Lobster season ends mid Feb.

I second the tour to Lamani ruins over Altun Ha. No need to book any tours in advance. Wait till you get there. Lots of tour companies on the island, and I am sure someone does Altun Ha without the stop at Maruba Spa. Ask around when you get there.

8. Re: Tours offered through Seaside Cabanas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 07:17