We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Topic
Internet access

Is there public internet access (hot spots) on Caye Caulker?

I haven't found many hotels/inns that offer internet

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access

Some places offer free internet if you buy something to eat there. And there are more internet cafes than you'll ever need.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access

The Seaside Cabanas have free WiFi for their guests (I'm posting from it right now), and there are several internet cafes that have computers for rent and probably WiFi as well. You'd be surprised how little you care about email or the outside world once you get here though :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access

Is their wifi available only in the rooms?

Would you recommend Seaside Cabanas?

Where have you been going to eat meals?

thanks!

Edited: 15 February 2011, 18:24
minneapolis
Level Contributor
86 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access

It seemed like a lot of places had wifi. My hotel (CC condos) did free for guests at the pool. I never wanted to use a cpu outside of my hotel but several people had laptops at many different places. It won't be hard to find wifi on CC.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access

Well, it is wireless, so it's available anywhere you can get the signal. It's just a standard residential access point though so don't expect a strong signal on the entire property; I'm in one of the cabanas right now and I loose the signal every 10 minutes or so, usually when I move my laptop.

I would definitely recommend the Seaside; the staff has been very friendly and accommodating and the grounds and property is well maintained. It's pricier then a lot of options on the island but if AC, a pool and a hotel bar is your thing then they're a great choice.

I've been eating at most of my usual places (3rd time here), no one restaurant is the best or has everything though. The most convenient to the Seaside is the Sand Box, their food is quite acceptable, but nothing you can't find at several other spots on the island. Cafe Amore is right around the corner and is great for breakfast, Habanero's is more upscale if you want a nice dinner out, and Rose's Grill has a table out front with the catch of the day; you pick what you want and they grill it up and add some sides.

Bourne...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access

I so very enjoyed my daily facebook postings on drinking belikan, eating pasta at sandros and a nice video on youtube of the split. Best part is I did it all from my android phone and some free wifi...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet access

I spent last Labor Day on Caye Caulker, many places have free WiFi, I didn't really have much problem getting access. I stayed at the Rainbow Hotel which didn't have access, but a great many of the bars and restaurants do. I had no trouble taunting my friends on Facebook about what a great time I was having. The Rainbow is a budget place, I would imagine many of the mid-range and up places have access. I've traveled a lot in Belize in recent years and never have trouble finding access anymore unless I get really remote.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet access

The restaurants and coffee shops offer up free wifi with purchase.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet access

Unless you are in real economy lodgings, you should have wifi, as most places here do. There are lots of restaurants that you can just order a drink in and hook up to the wifi otherwise... and there are also the internet cafe's which are central and have AC! No worries!

10. Re: Internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 17:19