We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renters Beware of The Indigo Pearl

Fairhope, Alabama...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Renters Beware of The Indigo Pearl

We rented The Indigo Peal off VRBO website and had an awful experience with the property and the owners. We are still fighting with the owners to get our money back since we never took occupancy of the house because of the conditions. The owners even acknowledge that the house wasn't ready for us but said we should have made sure the off site care taker took care of all the problems. I have been contacted by several others that stayed and had the same experience. While on the island we met a couple who had The Indigo Pearl rented after we did. They could not get out of there agreement and had to stay at the house. Now they are trying to post their bad review and the owners claim that they never even stayed at the house. The owners keep posting false reviews about how great the house is. Does anyone know how we can stop these people from falsifying reviews on VRBO. It is hurting the renters plus Caye Caulker because after a bad experience people aren't going to want to come back to the island.

Ottawa, Kansas
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Renters Beware of The Indigo Pearl

Ha Ha - someone's trying pretty hard to give this place a bad name. I see the conflict btwn the people who actually have stayed here (like we did) and the ones who are out to "diss" it. Ya, there was an Indigo House or something that's gone, but the place WE know (and love) as the indigo pearl is so excellent that we wanna BUY it . Seriously. No power issues for us. There are batteries or something that store the power because the caretaker watched it. Some people just don't know the fist thing about conservation. I wish those people would stay at the all inclusinves . David and I rode home from town in the dark all the time when we stayed here. Used head lights - on- elastic bands they gave us. No problem. And the 16 foot croc thing? Ha Ha. Get real. Somebody wuz feeding you a lot of balony and I think they mustve had an ax to grind. This was a real find for us and we will not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to contact us. Don't fall for these fake "bad" reviews. They don't jive with the real thing. Just had to set it straight when I read this!

12. Re: Renters Beware of The Indigo Pearl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:17