We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Hello, my boyfriend and I are going in April and are booking a half day fishing for our last day on CC and are wondering from people who have fished the area at the same time of year, if booking an am session would be better than pm. Will have 2 other full days of fishing but the guide needs to know now for the half day... will be fishing for tarpon/bonefish. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!Thanks.

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Cool, let us know how it goes. I too am interested in fishing, I will be on Caye Caulker there April 29th for 3-4 days.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Will do.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Can you fish off shore at caye caulker if I bring my own rode and tackle? I would only be fishing for catch and release.

Thank you

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Any reports?

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

We unfortunately got pretty windy days, still got into bunch of bonefish. Saw a couple tarpon roll right by the boat once and never came back. Missed 2 chances with permit, tough little buggers do catch. Got a massive cuda and jack crevales, pretty cool. Go with Parnell from barefoot!

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Awesome, good to hear. So the bonefishing was relatively a can't miss type of deal? Were you spinning or fly fishing? I will definitely hook up with Parnell. If spinning, what type of gear did you use for bones? Bait, lures? How many days did you go out, and typically at what time of day and for how long? Did you have to travel far by boat to get to the good spots?

Was there any shore fishing opportunity, or to fish out of a kayak close to shore?

Any other insight would be appreciated. Sorry, i'm a bit excited, I leave Friday.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

We went 3 full days, 2 w Parnell and one with his brother ken. I'd say about 7 to 7,5 hours days, fly fishing for bone only, got the cuda on trolling with lure. Tried both for permit and disintegrate get lucky, talking w guides around the tarpon haven't been around much this year, it's been ok for permit, nothing in quite a few days. The wind has died down today, were leaving, bummer. Best if luck to you. I hear fishing off the dock at sea dreams can happen, those baby tarpons have seen all the lures and flies and are pretty smart but ya never know! Cheers

Central Russia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Good to hear you had a good trip. I tried booking with barefoot but they were all booked up.

Vancouver and...
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

Try Angler's Abroad at the Sea Dreams hotel. I just went on a Permit "hunt" for a half day a couple of weeks ago and had a few hook ups with a 14 pound beauty to hand. It was a great trip. Ken was my guide and he was tireless at hitting a number of flats until we tracked down a few schools.

It was OUTSTANDING.

Ken's keen eye and knowledge of the flats was uncanny.

20. Re: Half day fishing? Whats best??any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:17