We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BZE to Caulker

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
BZE to Caulker

Arriving BZE 3.42pm - any way to get to Caulker the same day? I'm guessing we won't make the ferry (5pm last departure?). Otherwise better to fly? Thanks for any information!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,922 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BZE to Caulker

One of the water taxi companies has a 5:30 boat.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/#!schedule/c22wn

You should be able to make that one easily. BZE is small, although lines at Customs can get long. If you do carry on only, you should make the boat.

If your international flight is really late, you'll probably have to fly. If it's really, really late, you'll have to either stay in Belize City or fly to Ambergris, their airstrip has lights, Caulker's does not.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BZE to Caulker

Thanks for your help, we'll try for the 5.30 ferry!

Central Russia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BZE to Caulker

If you want to get there as fast as possible take the flight.

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BZE to Caulker

We've done both, water taxi and flight.

Water taxi - inexpensive, can be 90 minutes of tooth-filling pounding if its rough, after your international flight.

Flight - more expensive, 14 minutes in the air and what a view from 1500 ft. Cold beer well before the water taxi arrives.

Choose wisely... :o)

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BZE to Caulker

Are we allowed to take (drink) beer on the water taxi? Arriving Friday!!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,922 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BZE to Caulker

I've never seen anyone drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage on the water taxi. I don't know if it's allowed or not. Keep in mind there's no bathroom.....

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BZE to Caulker

Ok, now I'm totally confused. I thought that Ambergris Caye is further from the mainland than Caye Caulker. When we booked our trip, we decided to do CC first then AC. If it takes 90 minutes on the water taxi to get to CC from the mainland, how long does it take to get from AC to the mainland? We have a noon flight home. I can't find the website I had with the water taxi schedules. HELP!! Thank you. (I'm not usually this clueless ; ))

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BZE to Caulker

From Belize City, a water takes about 60 minutes or a bit less to reach Caye Caulker. Ambergris is further north and takes another 10 to 15 minutes. Most water taxis stop at CC on the way to AC, so that adds to the time it takes to reach AC.

Links to the water taxi services are on this site...

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Edited: 16 May 2013, 00:45
Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BZE to Caulker

From AC to Belize City, plan on a trip of about 90 minutes, but it might be a bit less. Most boats stop at CC on the way.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BZE to Caulker

Thank you MisterB. Just what I was trying to find.

Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations