We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on tropic air

3 posts
Save Topic
Luggage on tropic air

Does anyone know how serious tropic air is about the baggage requirements? I am planning to bring an extra bag of supplies to donate to a school and am wondering about our luggage meeting the 63 linear inch requirement... Any advice is appreciated! :)

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage on tropic air

If it will fit in the hold of the small Cessna's they fly, Tropic will take it. I have heard of donation supplies being confiscated at Customs though, I'm talking medical supplies.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage on tropic air

Thank you - these are normal sized luggage we are taking, so hopefully it will be fine. Tropic's website says 15 inches tall and 30 inches wide. Our luggage is obviously taller than 15 inches, so just wanted to make sure a couple regular sized luggage bags would be okay. Thanks for the advice! :)

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage on tropic air

This question comes up frequently. I wish Tropic would be more honest about their luggage policy. I have spoken to people at our local dive shop in Philadelphia who were planning to drive from BZE to Placencia because they have 2 teenaged daughters with full sized suitcases. I explained that if the international airline would take it, Tropic would too.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage on tropic air

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage on tropic air

One thing to also remember is there is NO carryon except something small like a camera, small backpack, computer bag, etc. Basically if it fits on your lap... They will check everything, just no room in the cabin. They will check normal carryon's for you at the aircraft door so it never really leaves your sight, just FYI.

RedRover

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage on tropic air

Bryn - you know for sure Tropic Air will take the bags?? We usually bring a couple of large suitcases, since we bring all of our dive stuff. Our bags are 30x22x10 and 30x19x10. The first weighed about 50 pounds and the second was about 35 pounds (from our Costa Rica trip this last summer).

We did fly Tropic Air about 12 years ago when we were married on Ambergris Caye. We had took these suitcases no problem back then. They never questioned it and I didn't even think about it being a potential problem, as our resort person set up the flights for us. I think we might have actually had one or two more bags, as we also got married there. They took ALL of our stuff and never said a word to us about it.

We're going to San Ignacio area first this time. Then we're headed to Caye Caulker. I'd like for us to fly from SI to CC and then CC to BZE for the trip home. I just want to make sure our bags will make it through with us!

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage on tropic air

I'm not Bryn but I can assure you that your bags will not be a problem. Two years ago, we were in line behind a couple with 5 huge suitcases. It was actually comical to see them trying to deal with their bags. Tropic just checked them through without as much as blinking twice.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
591 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage on tropic air

Ok - we're planning on flying them and hoping for the best, as we will have a couple of big bags! I'll let you all know how it goes!

9. Re: Luggage on tropic air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:16