We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

Hello,

My fiance and I will be staying in caye caulker for a week so that we don't have to change hotels and unpack but we would like to explore the surrounding area like ambergris. Can you recommend any water taxis that operate in the evening so we can enjoy dinner on the other island? Also, any recommendations for a nice, romantic restaurant to celebrate an anniversary? Thank you!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,873 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

As far as I know, there isn't any water taxi service between cayes at night.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

After 5:00 ish there is no water taxi service. Any dinner plans in Ambergris would involve overnighting or a very expensive private charter. As a side note...dinner at a higher end AC restaurant will normally run you about 30-40% more in cost...so ..it might not be worth it.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

I am treating myself to dinner at Habanero's for my upcoming birthday. I hear the service, food and atmosphere is excellent. It is on Caye Caulker. Prices are very high on AC.

4. Re: Staying in caye caulker, Is water taxi easy to explore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:20