We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need some advice

My husband and I were Open Water certified this summer and are now planning our first dive vacation. We would really like to stay at a smaller hotel, have a nice beach to relax on after our dives and be able to walk / golf cart to places to eat. We don't necessarily want to cook, but if there is a market close and the accommodations allow for it, we wouldn't mind. We want to stay somewhere there is a reputable dive shop to work with- we do not have our own gear, so a shop that will have gear included in it's pricing would be ideal.

Would Caye Caulker be an ideal location for all of this, or should I look at a different location?

We are considering Seaside Cabanas for the stay in Caye Caulker and looking at a 4-5 night stay, would like to dive 3 days.

Any advice, input or direction you can give me would be appreciated!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice

Caye Caulker sounds like a great choice! We're heading back for a week next spring. We've decided to stay at Colinda Cabañas this time:

http://www.colindacabanas.com/

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice

I stayed on Caulker for 7 days in July. If you're into relaxing, it's one of the best places in the world. There are many restaurants and small stores within a couple hundred yards walk of anywhere you stay in the village. All the restaurants I went to were good. Most everybody there was very friendly. The beaches are good for relaxing, not so good for swimming. You can swim off the piers or at the split. I went to San Pedro one day. A lot more stuff there, but not nearly as relaxing. San Pedro was also more expensive, although the places looked nicer.

Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice

The Barrier Reef Inn!!!!!!! It is new, built last year, immaculately clean, all new appliances and everything! Its a small cute little boutique hotel type. Perfect, perfect, perfect, I can't even begin to tell you. Also Caye Caulker is absolutely amazing! So cute and quaint, best place in the Caribbean I think!!!!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice

adventuregall- Can you send me information I can use to price a stay with The Barrier Reef Inn? I cannot find a website or contact information. All I can see is what is posted here on trip advisor.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some advice

Found this website. Looks llike they tried to cheat with the url, haha.

http://hotelcayecaulker.com/

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some advice

I found it here too cayedreamsvacationrentals.com/barrier-reef-i…

7. Re: Need some advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations