We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

Hi there,

We're staying in Caye Caulker for 2 nights at the end of December -- and considering staying in Cabana #7 at Colinda Cabanas ("The cabana has several well-screened windows and wall-fans providing excellent cross ventilation"). How comfortable / uncomfortable will it be without AC but with the wall-fans? What are the average evening temperatures?

Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

We will be spending our fourth winter on Ambergris starting January 1. We have NEVER turned on our a/c in all the years we've been doing this.

However, I see you're from San Francisco, what seems hot to you, may well seem very comfortable to me.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

Very observant of you -- thanks! It will be useful to hear other opinions.

Bobcaygeon, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

We stayed at Colinda's for 2 weeks at the end of November, first week of December and were quite comfortable with the ceiling fans only...always a nice breeze

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

The weather, while it can't be truly forecasted anymore, is usually cool at nights in December and January, so I wouldn't worry. Since it's screened, no bugs will get in, and that's the main thing. I wouldn't worry, although having been born in Cali, I do remember the quote about the coldest Winter being a Summer in Frisco, haha! Was it Twain that said that before it was in 48 Hours?

Have a cool trip!

Edited: 26 September 2013, 02:58
5. Re: Colinda Cabana without AC in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:22