We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

Seneca, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

The ferry did not have decent times to visit AC, only about 5 hours max to stay in AC. Can I catch a ride with someone else from CC for a whole day and not spend lots of cash?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

Probably not - I think anything chartered will be spendy. Honestly, the 5 or 6 hours that are possible via water taxi would be more than enough for me; if you need more than that, maybe consider spending a night on Ambergris?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

Have you checked San Pedro Belize Express Water Taxi?

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/#!schedule/c22wn

Here's what their online schedules say...

CC to San Pedro -- boat departs from CC at 7 am.

SP to CC - boat departs from SP at 4:30 pm.

That gives you about 8 hours on Ambergris Caye.

Always confirm schedules directly with the water taxi service.

If that schedule doesn't suit you, lots of people have boats here -- ask around and find out the price for someone to take you. Be aware, you might not be able to find anyone, boat owners might not want to travel after sunset, and the price might be several times the price of the water taxi.

It sounds like you want to stay on AC for dinner and then go out somewhere and then try to get back to CC after sunset. For safety reasons, the water taxis don't run after sunset, and I don't think I'd want to be on a boat after sunset.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 15:27
Seneca, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

Thanks, 7 hurs should be enough time to schedule what we want to do. I guess it will be lunch rather than dinner. Thank You.

4. Re: is there private boat rental from Caye caulker to amber caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21