We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

us v bz $

London, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
us v bz $

Hello

I was wondering if I need to get belize $ before we visit CC, or if I can pay with US $ everywhere on the island?

Thanks

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: us v bz $

You can use US dollars, the rate is fixed at two Belize dollars to one US. Any change you receive will probably be in Belize dollars. ATMs will dispense Belize dollars.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Caribbean
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: us v bz $

A few tips...

Bring some small denominations -- not everyone will be able to change large denominations.

Get rid of all your BZ$ before leaving Belize because it will be difficult to exchange outside Belize.

Some people might not accept US$ unless it is in excellent/new condition.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 16:01
Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
3. Re: us v bz $

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:17