We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12th Anniversary Fun?!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
578 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
12th Anniversary Fun?!

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I will be staying on Caye Caulker at the end of June/beginning of July. We will celebrate our 12th anniversary there. We were married on Ambergris Caye July 4, 2002.

We're certified scuba divers, but won't be doing that on this trip, since we'll have our 10 year old daughter with us and she's not YET a certified scuba diver. She needs a few more years and then she'll be ready!

We're hoping to do a few snorkel trips while we're in CC. I'm not sure exactly with who yet. We prefer small boats and not "cattle boats". Ideally we'd like to be on boats that don't carry more than 8 people max. We also want to go on a fishing boat at least one day - any recommendations for people to use?

I'm pretty sure we're going to do the Hol Chan trip with Raggamuffin, as it sounds pretty fun.

When we were married 12 years ago we chartered a catamaran to take us sailing/snorkeling/fishing from Ambergris to Caye Caulker. That was the only time I visited CC. Now we're excited to be staying on the island. I have no idea how much that little trip cost us, as the Sundiver Beach Resort had booked it for us and we paid them in the end for our entire bill. Is there anyone on CC with a catamaran that does this kind of thing? If so - what do they charge?

Also, my husband is a free diver and spearfisherman as well. Are there any snorekling guides that will take you to do spearfishing/lobster diving? When we were in Costa Rica we found a great guide who did small group tours (just the three of us) and we had the BEST time! We ended up going to his house to hang out and cook with him after we all spent the day together. The three of us agreed that it was the BEST part of our entire trip!

Anything else fun/unique that the three of us could do? I saw a couple of the snorkel tour companies offered trips to snorkel at other small islands complete with a beach BBQ for lunch. I thought that kind of trip might be really fun to do on our anniversary day too.

curitiba
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12th Anniversary Fun?!

I've sent you a msg...check your inbox ;)

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
578 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12th Anniversary Fun?!

I just checked it and sent you one back - thanks! :-)

3. Re: 12th Anniversary Fun?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20