We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 14 days too much on CC?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is 14 days too much on CC?

Hi All. My wife and I are VERY laid back and really prefer destinations that are not commercial but still have services. CC sounds perfect for us. Is 14 days on CC too much?

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
281 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

If you are gonna spend two weeks in Belize why not split your vacation with a couple destinations that way you get to see more of the country. If you want to stay beachfront you can look into Placencia or Hopkins, both laid back, cool and not super crowdy.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,826 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

How many days are you spending in Belize altogether? That might skew my answer.

curitiba
Level Contributor
17 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

Here's the thing . . . most people come to Caye Caulker for a week or 10 days -whatever their vacation allows, then they end up changing their flights or extending their stay an extra week. That's sort of retrospective perspective on it. ;)

However, if you have a total of 2 weeks, I'd suggest starting off somewhere first, but then ending your vacay in Caye Caulker. You do want to see other parts of Belize though, since you're already in the country, but maybe staying there for 2-3 days. If you're goal is relaxation without the fuss, then I don't suggest hitting up more than 2 destinations, so maybe visiting the jungle for a couple of days then Caye Caulker ... ;)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

We just spent 4 days in Caye Caulker over the New Year and in my opinion14 days would be a very long time even for the laid-back. But there are loads of cheap local buses that would let you do some exploring out of Belize City. We liked Hopkins, and next time I'd certainly plan to check out the cayes around that area. We also found the ATM cave at San Ignacio (day trips out of Belize City) was an amazing adventure not to be missed.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

We've been here for 4 days and I feel that's enough! We still have 2 more days to go!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

CC is tiny, remember that. Maybe 4 nights there, and 5 in Placencia and 5 in Cayo. You'll know CC by the first evening you're there. There's also Hopkins, like mentioned above.

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

I could spend a month there no prob

very laid back... a friendly local vibe

depends on what kin of vacay you are looking for

:)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

Thank you for the replies. Now we are more confused! :0)

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

Maybe reserve a place for a few days. See what you think and decide from there. Other than major holiday weeks, there are rooms available all over the country at any given time.

Caye Caulker
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 14 days too much on CC?

Rent a bike and you can spend hours biking all the way around the island.