We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

What is the cost and is it worth it??

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

There are some boats that can handle going other side of reef.

What are you looking for?

The Tarpon and Permit are not deep sea but amazing if you hook them...the mackerel and barracuda are great fun. My buddy caught a nice fat shark while we were putzing around in Tarpon territory.

Whether it is worth it or not is something only you could say. Rates are generally 300-350 US$ for a full day. A big deep sea boat can run up to $700 if booked off Ambergris. The smaller boats off caye caulker are great fun I think. Not tiny boats..but more flats boats...The guide I use is awesome but does flats and tarpon, permit...fly or spin cast. His brother has a dif boat and can take you further out...but not a big deep sea outfit...

I hooked my first Tarpon last year...they get huge...and now am addicted. Even on days last year when weather was bad and fishing slow...each day was still great fun and always went home with at least mackerel for dinner.

Only seven weeks and I have five fishing days booked again over two weeks there...so worth it...great fun on the water ...fish are a bonus

Let me know if you want the link to best guide on caye caulker

:-)

Edited: 09 August 2014, 05:28
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

Thanks for the info. That link would be great.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

We were there May 2013 and used Esleyusherfishingtours@live.com Cell 501-624-6555 He offers both Deep sea and reef fishing. We opted for the reef fishing because we were going to snorkel too. We caught so many fish (not all were keepers) that we never did snorkel. We did the half day morning. It was just the 4 of us (hubby & me, my sister & her hubby) and Esley (Eslito). We were out for 4 1/2 hrs and I think he wanted to stay out longer, but our hubby's were done. My sister and I would have stayed out all day! Eslito cleaned our fish for us and delivered them to Rose's restaurant where they prepared them. We had an assortment and all were delicious. I think we paid $250 for the half day and only paid for our sides and drinks at Rose's (plus tips of course). They must have an arrangement or family relationship. Anyway, it was a great day. We ended up eating dinner at Rose's 3 of 6 nights we were on island. The food was very good and reasonably priced.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

Could you supply me with your guide in Caye Caulker for reef fishing. We will be there in 6 weeks so I'm feeling like I should get after booking a trip.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

Did you try the email address or phone number I listed on my above post? I would use him again in a heartbeat! I'll dig out his business card to see if he has another contact number if the others don't work or you can get his info from the wonderful staff at Seaside Cabanas or Roses Restaurant.

6. Re: Suggestions for deep sea fishing from Caye Caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2016, 06:16