We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience Belize Tours, Ltd. highly recommended

Atlantic City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Experience Belize Tours, Ltd. highly recommended

We took the tour on Tuesday 8/24, we actually did three tours in one day. Alan picked us up promptly at the water ferry from San Pedro in an air conditioned van, we then got some history & sites of the city and then proceeded to Altun Ha, stopped enroute to see the Big Iguanas, he was so knowledgable when leaving Altun Ha we picked up a bottle of Cashew Wine that he had spoken about earlier. Then off to the Belize Baboon Sanctuary, where Shane was our guide, the howler monkeys are so amazing. Alan was right with us the whole time helping us along the trail. Next stop a local Belizian Lunch, which we were able to eat in the van enroute to cave tubing. Cave tubing is amazing, we went with Alan got our tubes & headlamp and off to the caves, I had badly sprained my ankle Sunday am right before we left & Alan was so great he carried my tube for me. This was one amazing tour, everything we did was great & Alan is the best tour guide I've ever been on a tour with. He dropped us off in plenty of time to catch the last ferry going back to San Pedro & we even had some time for shopping and also showed & gave us more history about the city. There were 4 of us & he scheduled it so we didn't have to be with the crowds, we actually had the cave & river to ourselves. You can ask them to do combo tours & they are so accomodating, they were the cheapest by far & I looked into several places to do the tours, their prices included all park fees & lunch. Thanks again Alan & Leah for everything, from helping me plan our own tour to do in one day & the fabulous tour & best tour guide ever.

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Belize
Belize
Central America
Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experience Belize Tours, Ltd. highly recommended

Glad you had a great time, we really should big up ALL our tour guides. Unlike many countires, being a tour guide in Belize entails exams, licensing and annual renewal of license. Belizeans are proud of their country and speak English of course, Kriol, often Spanish and Ketchi or other Mayan languages too. Talented people!

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
2. Re: Experience Belize Tours, Ltd. highly recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:19