We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Belize City Cancun

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Belize City Cancun

Hi...we are thinking about taking a tour that starts in Mexico City...goes onto Guatemala and ends in Belize City...We are then wanting to stay 4 or 5 days in Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye, and then head to the Mayan Riveria for a few days..

We would like to end up in Cancun so we can catch a flight back to Mexico City to return home.

Anyone done this before (flight or bus)?? I would really like your input as i have space held on a tour and don't wanna put down a deposit until i have figured everything out!! Thanks..

Tracy

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Belize City Cancun

You can fly from Ambergris to Corozal on Belize's northern border, cross the border, then catch a bus to Cancun. The bus ride is about six hours, or about four to Tulum, five to Playa del Carmen.

We hire a transfer company to cross the border, it isn't terribly expensive, and it takes us directly from the airstrip in Corozal to the bus station in Chetumal.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Belize City Cancun

hmmm are u the same jean that answered me on the other forum? lol...if so thank u..again!! I will reasearch into it..we don't wanna book the tour until we have found a way home..Thanks again!!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Belize City Cancun

Oh..btw...can u take that flight from Caye Caulker as well? and how do u book the transfers?? Thanks a million!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Belize City Cancun

I don't know if I'm the same Jean or not, could very well be.

As far as I know you can only fly from Ambergris to Corozal. You can check on line at Tropicair.com or Mayaislandair.com

As for transfers, we used this company several times.

http://www.belizetransfers.com/

5. Re: Flights from Belize City Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 05:28