We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions in Belize and GC

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Humble, TX
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions in Belize and GC

We will be going on Grand Princess Dec 17. Does anyone know if they water is a warm enough temp to snorkle and swim? I generally dont book excursions w/ the cruise line. Does anyone know of a good tour that I could book for myself in GC and Belize? Also, I want to do the Dune Buggy adventure in Majahual...does anyone know of tour I could book to do this on my own?? Thanks :)

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions in Belize and GC

I am going on the same cruise in Feb. Will you please tell me what you ended up doing for excursions?

Sagle
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions in Belize and GC

I went to Belize on the Norwegian Dream and took the shore excursion to Banana Bank Lodge for horseback riding and had the most exquisite time of my life. John CArr is from Montana, his wife is a famous Belizean painter, also from the U.S.A. Horses are horse whisperer trained, takes novice or experienced riders. I have wanted to go back to Belize ever since and stay a couple weeks. My husband tried to go on the cave tubing with a group not related to the ship shore excursion group and ended up not having enough time- it takes 4 1/2 hours. Do something in the jungle- zip line over the forest canopy, see the pyamid at Tikal in Gguatamalla, if time allows, snorkel in the Blue ---whatever-= water is warm, I loved Belize.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions in Belize and GC

Sykobanker,

Did you go on the cruise? We are going on the same cruise in April. What did you do that you recommend?

Can_ria

Sagle
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions in Belize and GC

Try the cave tubing- excursion from the ship- advantage to ship excursions are you won't be left when the ship leaves, if you are on a ship sponsored excursion.

Or, if you like horsebackriding, (novice r experienced) and it is offered, go horsebackriding.

Snorkleing would be good, too, as there is the second best reef in the world there, I believe. Australia is first.

Ziplining would be good, too.

Outlook, Sask
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions in Belize and GC

Five of us went to Belize in Dec. We had the most awesome experience at Jaguar Paw Resort. About 1 hr. ride. We booked ahead with cruiseline Royal Car. You need not have any worries They wait if you are late, plus it is just sooooooooooo amazing. We ziplined, lunched, and then went cave tubing. Believe me, may other passengers couldn't get on it because they didn't book ahead of time. Many of them had so so experiences around the city. They went from dune buggies breaking down and no one helping them to being held up by rifle carrying military. Do the group thing at Jaguar Paw. It is worth the cash.