We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave Tubing

Tennessee
Level Contributor
399 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cave Tubing

Can some one explain to me what Cave tubing is? Do you really go into a cave to tube on the river? Is it dark like a cave? How can that be much fun to be in the dark? Isn't it scary?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave Tubing

ys sit on an inner tube floating down a stream underground. depends on if your afraid of the dark as to if its scary or not.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave Tubing

It's Awesome! You are never in pitch black. You do have headlamps. You are on an inner tube. It's an amazing time, and there's nothing that will hurt you. They provide life jackets if you need one. You can swim at anytime. There's one spot where the guides will tell you it's a waterfall. Don't worry, it isn't.

Enjoy it!

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave Tubing

Hi, cave tubing is great. My blog on cave tubing (with photos) should give you a good feel for what it involves:

simonseeks.com/travel-guides/underground-adv…

United States
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cave Tubing

Cave tubing isn't scary at all. Like others said, you have a head lamp on (as well as all the multiple other tourists that will be there with you) so it isn't really that dark. The river moves at a near crawl speed.

Another way to see the caves is go hiking in the ATM cave. That skeleton you see at the top of that other persons blog is from the ATM. I myself like that tour better as you have to hike through a couple of rivers and see way more artifacts and a skeleton inside the ATM cave. But I think the ATM cave is a little more scary than the cave tubing (you have to swim across a very short stretch of river where you can't touch bottom), not scary to most people still I think but I can see some being scared of ATM.

5. Re: Cave Tubing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2011, 06:58
Get answers to your questions about Belize City