We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

Looking for a little help if you could. My girlfriend and I will be traveling next year (yeah, I like to plan ahead) and we are trying to decide between Honduras, Belize, and Argentina. We'd love to find a nice eco/jungle lodge and was wondering what lodge(s) you all recommend. We'd love to see a bunch of wildlife.

To give you an idea of what we like, we stayed for a week in Costa Rica at Bosque del Cabo. That place was AMAZING!!! Set in a pristine rainforest, no other place around, TONS of wildlife.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

Chan Chich is the most remote and comfortable lodge where you could see the most wildlife.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

We stayed at Chaa Creek to be close to ruins and tours and loved it, but I agree if wildlife is your main focus, I'd go with Chan Chich.

We've stayed at BdC, and Chan Chich is on our to do list. Did you see that a puma was just photographed on the front steps of the Manglillo cabin at BdC?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

Google 'san ignacio jungle lodge' and you'll get a great range of lodges. DuPlooy's is great, and has the Belize Botanic Gardens on site! Chaa Creek is the best, hands down.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

I guess it depends what you mean by "eco". It seems like this term is used for anything from a luxurious lodge near the jungle with swimming pools, cut grass, motorized gardening equipment, usage of chemical cleaners etc. to a lodge in the jungle that tries to have a small footprint and not much impact on its surroundings. I don't think luxurious lodges can truly be "eco".

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

Genuine eco lodge - Hickatee Cottages.

Wild luxury - Machaca Hill - outstanding birdwatching.

DuPlooys for botanic garden and fantastic solar syste,

6. Re: Best eco/jungle lodge in Belize...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 05:19