We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkling tours

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkling tours

We are flying into Belize on Dec 16 and will be there for about one week. We are looking for a reasonably priced snorkling tour. Any suggestions?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkling tours

Where will you be staying? Here's one we enjoyed while staying on Caye Caulker a few years ago:

http://raggamuffintours.com/hol-chan-snorkel/

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkling tours

We will be arriving in Belize City via cruise ship on Jan. 16, 2013. Has anyone used Star Tours for snorkeling trips? They offer a trip especially for cruise passengers for the Barrier Reef and another tour that does not specify cruise passengers.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkling tours

Has anyone used Star Tours for snorkeling? Would you recommend their Barrier Reef tour for cruise passengers? They also list another Barrier Reef tour that is cheaper - do you have to pay extra for the water taxi if you choose that tour?

Edited: 10 December 2012, 15:32
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkling tours

We signed up for an eight day tour with Island Expeditions http://islandexpeditions.com/. I read an article in the Globe and Mail last year and it sounds wonderful...7 days on a small island. We will let you know when we get back!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkling tours

Glover's Atoll is gorgeous - have a wonderful trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkling tours

Actually we are going to Lighthouse Reef but I think any of the tours will be wonderful (especially given the amount of snow we will be leaving behind!) It was the only tour that fit perfectly into our itinerary.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkling tours

Interesting! I didn't realize Island Expeditions went there, too. If the opportunity arises, check out the options for flyfishing there for my husband. ;-)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkling tours

Will do (although I believe that, since it is a park, we will not be allowed to fish) but I will confirm this. BTW do you have any suggestions for what we could do for 1/2 a day in Belize City (we arrive the day before our tour starts).

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkling tours

You're likely to be able to fish but would have to release the fish; that's the way it's been for my husband in reserves on Glover's Atoll and Roatán. That's the way he like to fish anyway.

I'd hire a driver and visit the zoo or the Community Baboon Sanctuary. I think the Altun Ha Maya site is a half day trip; if you had a full day, the river trip to the Lamanai Maya site is great.

www.belizezoo.org

http://www.belizereport.com/sites/howler.html

Happy trails!

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkling tours

Any recommendation for a snorkeling company if we are staying in San Pedro but still want to do the Hol chan Marine Reserve tour and Shark Reef Alley? Can we do those based out of San Pedro? Thanks for your tips. It's our first time going to Belize.