We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
395 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

What are fun things to do with kids

Love water sports, boating kids 10,9,8

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

The Belize Zoo is awesome. Maybe Old Belize on the way back for some swimming. Cave tubing is always a great time too.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

I was just there on a Princess cruise. There was a family onboard I talked to who went cave tubing as previously suggested by another poster and they had fun but complained about how far a ride it was from where the ships dock and tender in to shore. They were over an hour late getting back to the ship but the ship waited since it was a ship sponsored excursion (remember that if booking private excursions). I went to a Howler Monkey refuge and to the zoo - the kids might like going there. Both were amazing! If you choose those take bottled water and insect repellent. Have fun in Belize!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

How about air-boat rides? They're at about Mile 9 on the George Price (Western) Highway (that's 9 miles from Belize City).

Edited: 27 January 2013, 01:44
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
395 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

Do you have a company or contact info

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,967 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

You could probably arrange it onboard the ship, but a cheaper way would be to make your own way to Mile 9 by bus or taxi. Or use one of the tour guides that wait outside the Tourist Village where you come ashore.

I don't have any company details, but the Belize telephone directory is online at the BTL website if you want to try and see what you can find.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

I wouldn't use the cruise line for tours since they mark it up over 200%, and then low ball the local tour operators and guides, so they don't make much. Every time we came to Belize on a cruise, we did things on our own, and saved around 75%.

The airboats though, they might have to be booked through the cruise, since the company is aligned with carnival.

Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

Am I to assume there's not a lot of choices for a one day cruise ship stop for local venues?

8. Re: Carnival cruise stop in november with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Belize City