We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave tubing

Hartsville...
Level Contributor
28 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Cave tubing

One of the stops on our June cruise will be in Belize. I am trying to decide what shore excursion wold be best for me and my husband. What about the cave tubing? What kind of hike is it just to get to the river? I am also considering the boat ride up the river to the Mayan ruins. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Cave Tubing.Bz
River Rafting & Tubing
Nephi Belize Tours
Archaeology Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, River Rafting & Tubing
NCQ Belize Adventure Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Cave Tubing Paradise and Belize Tour Adventures
River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave tubing

We picked the Lamanai trip over cave tubing after reading about the long trek to get to the caves through the jungle.....

Mentioned in this post
Lamanai Belize Tours
Lamanai Belize Tours
373 Reviews
Belize City, Belize
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
200 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave tubing

I can't speak for seeing the ruins, but I did cave tubing while I was in Belize. The hike to get to the entrance of the cave isn't that bad. You won't come across many hills so it's pretty much a flat hike. The walk didn't seem as long as you would expect for a mile (20-minutes). However...no offense, but I went cave tubing on a cruise ship day and that experience was a little too much for my tastes. Keep in mind you may or may not be the only cruise ship in town that day, which means bus loads and bus loads of people trying to do the same thing. It's chaotic with a whole bunch of people in a small cave at once and was so loud with the poor acoustics that I couldn't enjoy it. The tour operators are professionals, but they make you link your feet under someone else's armpits and have someone link their feet under YOUR armpits, and literally paddle you through the cave as quickly as possible so you can get in and get out. Before you know it your cave tubing tour is over and it's time to board the bus and head back into town. Because I wasn't on a cruise I had the opportunity to get off my tube and walk above one of the little waterfalls where I saw a beautiful cave opening. Once we got to the end of the cave, the cruise ship passengers had to get out and leave while I had the opportunity to continue riding my tube on the river. I personally think you may be better served with a quiet boat trip, but that's just personal preference.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
3. Re: Cave tubing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Belize City