We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

Which airlines do most folks use flying from the east coast to Belize? I have been looking for a few days now trying to find flights from Norfolk Va (ORF) to Belize in Aug or Sept and nothing under $680.00. Is this the new norm? I have always wanted to go but it might not happen. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

We are going to BZE from Boston in July on American, $750 each. The price did drop to $600 just after I purchased....

Rick

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

I paid $747 from Philly.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

A lot of people are flying into Cancun, and then busing down, or taking a water taxi to AC. That's an option that most friends do when they have 2 or more weeks. That way, they get to see Mexico too, get another stamp, and save quite a bit sometimes. I think 6 or 7 hundred is around the current average.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

Rick, when did you book and what day of the week are you flying? It looks to me that it doesn't really matter what day of the week that you fly. Do you have a connection or is it direct? Thanks.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

There are no nonstops from Boston. The only nonstops are Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston. Once a week or so Charlotte, and, I think once a week from Houston.

I did read recently that Delta (I think) is going to start a nonstop from Los Angeles.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

Check on line rates for United, US Air, Delta, AA and TACA who all fly into BZE

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

Piratefan,

I booked on May 16th for a July 16th (Tuesday AM) flight. American flies from Boston to Miami, then a 2 hour flight to BZE. All of the airlines mentioned by Jean and Katie were pretty much similar in cost, I just went with the one that offered me the departure times I wanted.

Rick

8. Re: Flights from the east coast (US) to Belize??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18