We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

We have been quoted from $115 to $180 per person for this combination and there are 4 of us. Does this sound reasonable? That could easily be a $600 or more day!!! Our usual style of traveling is to rent a car near the dock ahead of time and then go to the various sites/activities on our own. Is it feasible and less costly to rent a car, figure out where the best place is to cave tube, then go to the ziplines (also which one is the best) and then stop at the zoo on the way back? We'll be docking in Belize on Jan 2. I have read so many threads describing the practice of raising the prices for cruise passengers, but keeping them just under the exhorbitant prices the cruise lines charge? Is that really true? I would really like to get some help in trying to sort this all out. Thanks in advance!

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

i did the cruise shipp here in belize, this is the normal prices, $65 cave tubing, $45 zip lining, $45 zoo, the zoo price fluctuate because unlike other places where the entrance fee is $10, is a bit higher, $155 is the total price, and they can possibly give you the combination for$115-$130, but its who you talk to, or who you get, renting a car might not be the best idea, there is no car rentals at the port, so you will need to catch a taxi, gas prices are at$6 US a gallon, and your gonna need a guide for the cave tubing at least

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

Since there is more than 1 person, you'd save big time by renting a car for the day, but since you're on a cruise... I'd just walk out of the terminal and get a taxi. You'll save a fortune over what the cruise line will charge. The cruise line knows they've got a captive audience.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

Check out http://cavetubing.bz/. We didn't end up tubing ourselves, but we've heard great things about them. They have zip-lining and cave-tubing all together in one place, and it is very close to the zoo. The best zip-lining, as I understand it, is Calico Jack's. We were there in July on the recommendation of DrFeelAwesome and several others, and it was amazing. However, I doubt you would be able to make it there for your day off the boat, as it is farther away from the port than Nohoch Che'en, where the cave-tubing/zip-lining combo tours take place.

Houston, Texas...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

That is way too much. We paid $90 for ziplining and cavetubing together per person. contact this company

https:/…267495553270445

cavetubing.bz

Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

those company is geared toward large groups, if you want personal touch added you gotta get it from a smaller operator

Los Cristianos...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

I did a tour with this company www.vivtours.com. they werd very reasonable and they go above and beyond for their guests...you will not regret it...I didnt

7. Re: Cave tubing, zip line, zoo---how much???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:21