We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - Belize City

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental - Belize City

I wanted to start this post in hopes that I would find a reputable/reliable/affordable car rental business. I have a read another post and it was rather LONG! It would take me an hour or so to get through that. Please just let me know which ones to stay away from and which ones are recommended... :)

Thanks!

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

None which are reputable and reliable are also affordable...rental cars are expensive through out Belize.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

Well, I found a $50/ per day which isn't too bad! Have you ever used AQ Belize Auto Rentals 4 Less? They seem to have decent rates and will transfer me to the Water Taxi free of charge.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

Have not, but that is a good rate for Belize. I would search for reviews before comitting.

Sao Bartolomeu de...
Level Contributor
73 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

We have used Budget in the past - no issues, I also note that AVIS have now opened up again at the airport so willuse them next time. Car hire is not cheap but does give you the flexibility in my opinion

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

$50 a day is an amazing rate. I'd also look at reviews for them. If it's a decent vehicle, I'd say go for it. Be sure and pay with a credit card.

Ohio
Level Contributor
84 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

Two years ago, we rented for 10 days from Jabiru Rentals at the airport. They were VERY reasonably priced and gave great service. We were planning on renting both a cell phone and a GPS (from this rental company) and Eddie advised us that we really didn't need either. And, he was correct. We had no problems navigating, and this is from 2 people with no sense of direction, and never needed a cell. I would highly recommend them.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

We just returned from Belize and rented an intermediate SUV for 80 a day and because it was rain season we got a day for free deal it was 80/day and we have no issues with them!

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
8 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

We rented from Crystal Auto Rental Belize. They were a bit on the pricey side, but had nice brand new Jeeps. We went with them because we wanted to drive to Guatemala. Otherwise, I probably would have gone with someone cheaper, but we had a decent experience with them.

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

We rented a car from "Discount Car Rental" from the Belize airport and had a great experience. There were 6 of us + luggage and was stay in Placencia. They gave us a really good rate for a large vehicle. Customer service was outstanding! When we go back we will be using "Discount Car Rental".

Hale, Michigan...
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental - Belize City

we used AQ, not bad, just be very specific with them & check the car very thoroughly when you get it to make sure everything works okay, we had some issues getting key out of ignition, but they took care of it.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 23:30
Get answers to your questions about Belize City