We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from BZ city to Zoo, Cucumber beach and back to BZ city

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from BZ city to Zoo, Cucumber beach and back to BZ city

Hi,

I have searched forums to piece together information on how to get from BZ to the Zoo, then the Zoo to Old Belize adventure (Cucumber beach) Can you please verify the information is acurate and fill in the missing pieces for me.

From Belize City to the Zoo:

We can walk to the bus terminal from Radisson in Belize (it looks like its about a mile so no biggy), or is there a bus that runs in the city near Radisson?

In the Belize City bus terminal, look for a westbound Regular (not Express) bus; the final destination of BENQUE will be displayed in the front window of the bus, but you could take one with a final destination of BELMOPAN. Buses depart half hourly.

Let the driver and/or the conductor know where you want to stop. The conductor will collect the fare after the bus gets going. The zoo is at Mile 29 (BZ$4.00)/US $2 each Watch the white mile marker posts along the highway to see how close you’re getting. Might be best to sit near the front of the bus. The trip should take about 45 minutes.

After leaving the zoo we want to be dropped off at Old Belize Adventure/Cucumber beach

**Missing piece**What bus to get to Old Belize Adventure/Cucumber beach

After leaving Old Belize adventure area take a bus to Belize city (BZ$1.00 per passenger)- Does this take us back to the Bus terminal, or do the buses run in the city? Also** what bus should we catch**

Thanks!!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from BZ city to Zoo, Cucumber beach and back to BZ city

Yes, you can walk to the bus terminal -- it's 1.5 km or just a bit under 1 mile. A better idea would be to go by taxi for about BZ$6 or $7. There are city buses, but I don't know if they go by the Radisson.

I see that the rest of your information appears to be mostly from the BelizeBus site (that's my site) and it is correct.

I would suggest sitting near the front of the bus because you might need to remind the driver/conductor to stop.

After seeing the zoo, walk out to the highway, cross to the other side and wait for a bus. When you see a bus coming, wave your arm up and down to get it to stop. Express buses won’t stop. Let the conductor know you want off at Old Belize. All buses will be going to Belize City so they will all go by Old Belize.

After visiting Old Belize, walk back to the highway and wait for a bus. All buses passing Old Belize will go the bus terminal.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from BZ city to Zoo, Cucumber beach and back to BZ city

Thank you! Yes, I pieced the information from various posts and the site I saw re-posted a few times.

:-)

3. Re: Bus from BZ city to Zoo, Cucumber beach and back to BZ city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Belize City