We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

We are hoping to avoid the cruise ship crowds at Xunantunich and Rio On Pools. When do cruise tours stop at these places? For how long?

Thanks!

Sue

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

Here are some websites with cruise ship schedules...

…cruisett.com/schedule/…January_2012

cruiseportinsider.com/belizeschedule2012.html

cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-belize-city-…

Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

Thank you. I had already found what days and how many ships stop. I am wondering when the crowds actually arrive to the sites I mentioned and when most groups leave those specific places.

Thanks again,

Sue

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

I've never heard of cruisers going to Rio On Pools. It's just too far, thank God. Xunantunich, yes they are herded like cattle there, and then they stop for trinkets and food. If you go in the afternoon, you'll miss them.

They are closing Xunantunich for 2 weeks starting next week. scoop.it/t/…xunantunich-closing-for-two-weeks

Closed from the 12th through the 26th. Odd, yes, but it sounds cool.

Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

Thank you. I am glad we will be traveling at the beginning of the new year and will miss the closing! Strange to close a Maya ruin on the 21st. I would think there will be plenty of people wanting to visit on that particular day.

5. Re: Times to avoid cruise crowds: Xuna and Rio On

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:16