We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

I'm trying to find out what days (if any) does tropic air or any other airline fly between San Ignacio and Belize? I checked Tropic Air website and although they seem to fly between these two towns, there is no info on what days or at what time. I'm planning my trip and staying the last day in San Ignacio would allow me to visit Caracol, but I need to be the next day at 11am at Belize airport to fly back home. I don't think I would be able to make it on time if I take the bus. Or can I?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

On 10 December 2012, Tropic Air began daily flights to San Ignacio. Service is from San Pedro and Belize City and will use the Maya Flats Airstrip located between San Ignacio and Benque Viejo.

When route began, the flight schedule was published as:

Flight 941 departs San Pedro (SPR) at 11:30 am; arrives San Ignacio (MYF) at 12:40 pm

Flight 981 departs Belize City (BZE) at 12:00 pm; arrives San Ignacio (MYF) at 12:40 pm

Flight 940 departs San Ignacio (MYF) at 12:45 pm; arrives San Pedro (SPR) at 1:50 pm

Flight 980 departs San Ignacio (MYF) at 12:45 pm; arrives Belize City (BZE) at 1:30 pm

I think I've recently seen the schedule published in local newspapers.

Best to contact the airline directly. If Tropic Air has discontinued the route, please let us know.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

By Bus

First, it's not clear about your time at the airport. Do you need to at the airport at 11 am to check in for a 1 pm flight, or does your flight leave at 11 am (meaning you should be at the airport by 9 am to check in)?

In either case, you can get an early morning bus from San Ignacio -- allow for a 2.5 hour bus trip to BC though it will probably be quicker, and then a 20 minute taxi trip from the BC bus termal to the airport. Buses depart from San Ignacio in the early morning hours between 3 am and 6 am.

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

Thanks Mister B. I need to be at the airport at 11am to fly out at 1:30pm. It sounds like the bus may work as well. Does the bus schedule change on sundays?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

Bus or private transfer would be the only option for an 11:00 arrival at the Int'l airport. The 1 flight a day on Tropic is still at 12:45 arriving at 1:30.

Try to get an express bus, they are more reliable than the local busses. There are several leaving San Ignacio each morning between 6 & 9AM. I don't have the complete schedule, but maybe someone in SI can chime in here.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

The bus will get you to BC in time.

Bus schedules are mostly the same every day -- public holidays are an exception.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 21:34
6. Re: Fly between San Ignacio and Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 05:17