We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jan.Adventure Cayo-What area/lodge? vs Bad roads/tours?

Houston TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Jan.Adventure Cayo-What area/lodge? vs Bad roads/tours?

I was about to book my family 4 nights in Jan. at Chaa Creek or Blancaneaux, but after reading forums, now I'm worried/confused. What I've read: In Jan. roads sound almost impassable getting up to CC or PMR lodges. Tours can be extra hassles if the tour spot is not close to our lodge.

1.We Have 9 days with adult kids for our first trip, want to see best of Belize. Landing 4pm on New Year's eve so now I think we should stay a fun place in Belize City. Any Advice?

2.Jan.1, we head out to Lighthouse Atoll diving 4 days. Itza, that's good.

3.Jan.5, is inland 4 nights, and My Big Confusion---Is is best to stay in one place and make our 2-3 daily tours? Or split locations? And stay near San Ignacio some? Are CC and BL close? One easier to get to or out of to tours?

Thought CC looked cool and would have hiking, canoeing, birding, just easy onsite time. If we want to do ATM, caves, waterfalls, Mayan ruins, things like that is it best to do 2 days in two places?

With Lodging for five adults in a cool place close to New years, I've got to book soon. Any advice?

MayaWalk Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Caverns & Caves, Archaeology Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Eco Tours
St Leonard's Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
1. Re: Jan.Adventure Cayo-What area/lodge? vs Bad roads/tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayo