We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viewing wildlife in Belize

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Viewing wildlife in Belize

Hubby and I would enjoy seeing as much of the wildlife, critters and the birds of Belize as we can.

I would love to know which places or tours to take from the Sleeping Giant resort..

Are there guided tours at the Blue Hole National Park?

EileeninMD

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Sleeping Giant is sort of in the middle of nowhere. Book your tours thru whomever you booked the hotel with

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
235 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary is perfect for what you want. Combine that with a Lamanai Mayan ruins tour and you should be fine.

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Thanks, pgbk87! The Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary sounds nice along with the Mayan Ruins. I will have to see if it is possible with us staying where we are staying.. places are further apart than I actually thought and Belize must not be that small..

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
235 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Yes Belize is about the size of New Jersey or Massachusetts, and a little more than twice the size of Jamaica.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

You are all over the place and need to speak with whoever booked you into SG. In that area, Caves Branch tours, ATM cave, Xunantunich site or Tikal.

San Pedro...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

If you are stauying at Sleeping Giant, as your tour manager there to drop you off at the Blue Hole National Center, once there, you can do a guided tour of the park.

Since you are so far from Crooked Tree, be prepared for an expensive rate for this tour. If you were staying near Orange Walk or Belize City, yes! I would recommned it.

As Katie mentioned on her reply to you, check with your booking agent. They should able to guide you in the right direction.

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Hello, sorry I am being a pain. I like to research new places I visit to learn as much as I can and Trip advisor has been wonderful on previous trips ! If I can find out the best birding places close to where we are staying, or the best ruins to visit other than Tikal, I would be happy! Usually only locals or people that have been there really know what's best. Not knowing the travel times between various places does not help me either! I am waiting on a reply from the Sleeping Giant resort?

Parkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
250 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

Thank you, I have been reading about the Blue Hole Nat'l Park . I will see if we can arrange a guided tour thru our hotel.

I appreciate your reply

Eileen

9. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 21:11
10. Re: Viewing wildlife in Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Belmopan