We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

Which Belmopan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

Hi

I may be crazy and cheap, but here it is I am a white (very) older man. I am thinking of traveling by bus from Austin Texas to Belompan in December, I have two weeks. Is there a way I can plan this trip, get tickets and know the cost, before I go? I speak rudimentary Spanish. Where do I look ? thanks

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

If you get to either Merida or Cancun, you can get an ADO (Mexican bus company) express bus to Belize City where you can change to a Belizean bus to complete the trip to Belmopan.

If you want to spend more time in the Yucatan region, ADO offers excellent bus service in the region. Mayab is another Mexican bus company. If you end up in Chetumal, Belizean buses run about every hour (in daytime) between Chetumal and Belize City. Buses run about every 30 minutes between BC & Belmopan.

The BelizeBus site has more deails about buses in Belize...

https://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

Thanks for that, but I want a way to plan the Mexican part of the trip.

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

Geez, with only 2 weeks...you will spend much of it on a bus.

Try Lonely Planets Thorn Tree forum. Its audience is more budget/backpacker travelers so more likely to find suggestions there (TA is mostly mid-range travelers).

Edited: 29 July 2014, 03:11
4. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 21:11
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

Thanks sounds like a trip I'll have to make when I have more time.

6. Re: Planning Travel by Bus from Austin TX to Belomphan and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2017, 21:17