We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

We are staying at Black Rock Lodge. Have a rental car. Wondering how long it takes to get up and down the bumpy road to and from Black Rock and San Ignacio. I am thinking of going to the Market and such. Thanks!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

Should take around 30 minutes or so.

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

Thanks. How about the whole trip back to the International airport from Black Rock Lodge?

Northern California
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

Just got back from there. The road was 40 minutes and very bumpy. I don't think you will be wanting to go back and forth to town very much. Great place though, the food they serve is excellent and also the people who work there make you feel at home. It takes 2 hours I would say by private car back to the airport. We took the bus and it was 2 1/2 hours.

Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

Thanks so much. Now I'm thinking of cancelling our rental car. It seems like Black Rock's tour packages are very reasonable so I don't think I'm not sure it will be to our advantage to have a car and seek cheaper tours, etc.

5. Re: How long does it take to drive from San Ig to Black Rock ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:20