We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Table rock Jungle Lodge

US
3 posts
Save Topic
Table rock Jungle Lodge

Hello,

We're looking at staying at the Table Rock Jungle Lodge, which I understand is about 6 miles outside of San Ignacio. Without a rental car, is it difficult to get between the lodge and the town to go on the tours and everything?

Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Table rock Jungle Lodge

It will be easier to book tours thru the lodge or with tour operators in town who will pick you up at TR. Or rent a car and save $ on your transfers and most tours.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Table rock Jungle Lodge

The tour operators will pick you up at your hotel. Usually they only charge a little extra, but you are only 6 miles away, so they might not. They pick up in Bullet Tree, which is 3 or so miles from town for free. It's not too difficult to get to and from since there are so many taxis around. They will try to charge you a lot, so be sure and haggle. You could always rent a car in Cayo - it's usually cheaper, and you'll only need it a few days since some of the tours you'll take will be with a guide, and they provide transport.

If you'll be in Cayo for a while, check out the Best of Cayo site at http://www.bestofcayo.com. Matus is listed as the best car rental agency in town - I've used them, and they have some nice little 4 wheel drives.

Have fun at the lodge!

United States
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Table rock Jungle Lodge

I know Pacz tours will pick you up from there for a little more money than if you stayed closer to San Ignacio.

You could also try telling the lodge that you want to do the tours through them but so and so tour company is offering it for a much lower rate. They might lower their rates for you that way. That's what happened to me (though I stayed at another resort).

Colorado
Level Contributor
66 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Table rock Jungle Lodge

We just stayed there and rented a car so we could have some freedom which was nice, but we actually had Pacz pick us up for the ATM tour as it only cost $10 more per ticket than driving to town, let us sleep a few minutes longer and have their wonderful breakfast before Pacz stopped by to pick us up. Two other couples had no car and had no trouble getting around for tours or a casual trip to San Ignacio. Have fun.

5. Re: Table rock Jungle Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 07:19