We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

Ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize. We will be there for one week. We plan on going to Ambergris Cay but would also like to do some Jungle tours and see lots of wildlife. We are very active and im not sure we want to be isolated at a jungle lodge where there is nothing to do on a night. Is there any restaurants/bars in San Ignacio? Any suggestions? Also which lodge would have the best food? I read CB not so good. Any suggestions on how to divide our time between both locations to see the best that belize has to offer, thanks?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

CB is one of the better active jungle lodges with many activities on premises. Evening activities include jungle night hikes or sitting around the bar chatting with other guests. The closest town to CB is Belmopan. if you want bars and nightlife, base in San Ignacio.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

CB is a nice spot, and if you take advantage of some of their strenuous tours, you'll be sleeping soon after the sun goes down. Cayo does have many new, great bars, and they have dances just about every Friday and Saturday. Check out the Best of Cayo at http://www.bestofcayo.com for a list of the best places to eat, drink, and play. It hasn't been updated for the new season(any day now), and there are a few new places in town(gearing up for tourist season). For clubbing, I like Cappello's, Meluchi's, and Mr. Greedy's, and all the pub crawls I take friends on usually hit all 3.

There are tons of good restaurants around too. Ko Ox Han nah, Serendib, Mr. Greedy's. Flayva's is great to hang out at, have some beers, and watch the people go by.

Have fun!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

if you have time i would do both that you can get the jungle experience and head into town there are lots of hotels to choose from.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

I have not been to caves branch but have 2 different friends that live here who have both been and had great reviews of the place.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

The Caves Branch Lodge is fantastic. And if you can afford it, their tree houses are REALLY fantastic.

Lucy

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
224 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

You are considering two completely different experiences. Caves Branch is all about the activities., and adventure. If you stay closer to town (San Ignacio), you can be more spontaneous while still having the ability to experience adventure, and jungle as well as remain active.

7. Re: Caves branch or stay hotel in town??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:18