We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with best access to ruins

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with best access to ruins

While searching through hotel reviews I remember reading about one in San Ignacio that was located closer to ATM?? My memory is fuzzy on which ruins... Many reviewers commented that was great getting to the ruins before the crowds. I looked over the hotels website and it sounded great but for the life of me I can't find it again. Anyone know which hotel I'm talking about?? Thanks for your help!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with best access to ruins

Hi, there -

ATM isn't ruins, it's a river cave with artifacts.

http://pacztours.net/actun-tunichil-muknal/

I think the closest lodging is Pook's Hill:

www.pookshilllodge.com/

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
741 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with best access to ruins

The only discussion I recall about being at a ruin before the crowds was Tikal. There is a lodge there. It is in Guatemala, but a standard day trip (or overnight) from Belize.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with best access to ruins

Pook's Hill is just a few miles from ATM. Blancaneaux Lodge or 5 sisters would be closest to Caracol.

Dallas, Texas...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with best access to ruins

Pook's hill was the one I was trying to think of! Thank you!

5. Re: Hotel with best access to ruins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:20