We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help-Hidden Valley Inn

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help-Hidden Valley Inn

We are traveling with two 21 year old sons and originally wanted to stay in the San Ignacio area with going to AC but the timing is not working out due to the peak season. So we have the option of Hidden Valley Inn to stay for 3 nights and go onto Palencia for diving etc. Want to get advice if this will be too isolated for my son's taste. They dive and are very outdoor oriented so the combination of the two areas might work but hope to get some folks who might tell me their views. We are looking at Hidden Valley Inn and Laru Beya Villas. Thanks much.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

The Laru Beya website is beautiful but it seems like two 21-year-olds might want to be closer to the 'action' in Placencia rather than 3 miles away in a secluded setting. I don't know your boys, though - maybe secluded is better or you feel more comfortable with it as parents. We rented a little apartment at One World Rentals in August and loved it. It's a few blocks from the beach but we were fine with that; we were heading to the beach on northern Ambergris for the next week so village life as opposed to secluded beach was a good match for us in Placencia. Happy trails!

http://www.oneworldplacencia.com/

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

diving will be best from a caye or atoll. placencia is 19 miles from the reef.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

HVI is about 30 min on mostly bumpy road from SI town, but is one of my favorites properties on 7200 acres with private waterfalls and 90 miles of trails, dramatic scenery, creatures, great cuisine, small and attention to guests. There are lodges closer to town if you think you'll want to drive in at night.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

HVI has an advantage in that it's really close to Caracol, Rio On Pools, Rio Frio Cave, and Big Rock Falls(and 1000 foot falls and Barton Creek Cave, but they can be missed). It has all the jungle and nature you could want. I drive extremely fast on the bumpy roads, and it takes me around 45 minutes to get there.

Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

Thanks so much for the help. I am having trouble booking shuttles and trips from HVI other than from the Inn which seems to be charging fairly steep prices. Does anyone have any suggestions for shuttles, drivers, tours (especially to ATM) that might be more affordable? We need transportation to HVI from the airport, tours when we are there, and transportation to Palencia and then to the airport? Your help is so appreciated!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

Would you consider renting a car?

Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

How difficult is it to drive in Belize? Any specific rental car companies to use?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

In your case, definitely rent a vehicle. Driving is very easy in Belize, but don't drive at night. Budget and Hertz are great, and at the airport.

Edited: 17 November 2012, 23:04
9. Re: Help-Hidden Valley Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:18