We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this too much?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is this too much?

My son and I will be visiting Belize for the first time in May, 2013. We plan on spending 4 nights in the Cayo District before heading to Ambergris Caye for 10 days of snorkelling and scuba. We plan to stay at a jungle lodge and we will not have a vehicle. We are leaning towards using BZM Tours but have not contacted them yet. I would welcome your thoughts on our tentative itinerary. Our flight lands at 10:15 am. We would like to visit the Baboon Sanctuary and the Belize Zoo after getting picked up at the airport. I believe this should still give us time to settle in and have a relaxing evening.

First full day canoeing into the caves on Barton Creek.

Second day ATM

Third day Xunantunich with a visit to the Iguana Project.

Fourth day cave tubing on the way to the airport before flying to Ambergris Caye.

Thanks for your thoughts.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this too much?

BZM is the best. That's a good itinerary. Not sure if you'll be able to do both on the first day, but try it, and let us know if you do.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this too much?

Sounds good!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this too much?

It would be possible to do the both on the date of your arrival. The Baboon Sanctuary is about 1.5 hrs away from Airport, then to the Belize Zoo is about another 1.5. Even though time is limited you can do both, where exactly are you guys staying? BZM (http://www.bzmtours.com) would be sure to help you out, they can arrange both stops and ensure you reach at your stay. As to the rest of your activities, they sound fun and I would also recommend BZM, I mean they are #1 on TripAdvisor! ^_^. Am confident they can help with all your activities. Oh and since you will be coming when it would be humid you can ask BZM as well about their Caracol Package. Ending the day with relaxing at the Rio On Pools is the best. ^_^. I enjoyed just sulking in the sun...Email 'em and they would be happy to help. Do let us know how it goes. :).

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this too much?

Thanks for the info. It is a great help. We are looking at staying at the Macal River Camp. Haven't booked anything yet. Have to get on this soon. Thanks again.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this too much?

If you have your heart set on MRC, I'd book sooner rather than later. Happy trails!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this too much?

You may want to consider the Cahal Pech site too. After your tour with BZM, ask them to drop you off near the site. It's right in town and definately worth a visit.

Barton Creek and the tubing tour are somewhat similar- we were told that once you do ATM- the tubing is a bit boring.

Hope this helps

AJ

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this too much?

Thanks for the input. I appreciate all the info and advice.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this too much?

Have received confirmation of accommodation at MRC. They sent me the menu for the meals and they look great. Have booked all our tours with BZM including the Community Baboon Sanctuary and airport pickup and drop off. Have confirmed our San Pedro accommodation. Looks like things are coming together. Thanks again for your input.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this too much?

Sounds great - happy trails!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this too much?

Let us know how it all goes. With BZM, I'm sure you'll write some great reviews. Godspeed!

Get answers to your questions about San Ignacio